Customer Data Privacy Notice
1. The purpose of this Notice
Chargemaster Plc (“the Company”) has certain obligations under data privacy laws to notify individuals about how it will process any personal information it collects from or about them. The Company treats your data privacy very seriously and it understands that you will wish to know how it will use that personal information. This Data Privacy Notice relates to the personal information of you collected through our Chargemaster website or through your Homecharge application process.
2. What personal information is collected?
The Company collects various “personal data” about you in the course of carrying out its business and any contract with you / your employer in relation to use of and payment for electric vehicle charging products or services, which is explained in more detail below.
Personal data is information which relates to you and which can identify you as a living individual, on its own or when combined with other information the Company holds. Common examples of personal data which may be collected about you and used by the Company in its day to day business activities include:
- Full name;
- Personal / business address;
- Contact telephone number(s), fax numbers, email addresses;
- Your communications with the Company;
- Your vehicle’s make, model, year and vehicle registration number; and
- Your location, time and date at the time you are searching for your nearest charging point(s) on the Company’s network and charge time, duration, energy use and transaction value when you are recharging your vehicle.
- Homecharge customer information and charger usage will be shared with agreed Recipients. These Recipients are the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) and Chargemaster Plc and its commercial partners, as well as any other body that requires this information in respect of the supply of a grant in respect of supporting the supply to you of the Homecharge Unit (the Recipients).
3. How will my personal data be collected and used?
The Company collects personal data from you to establish and manage the services it provides to you.
The Company may collect your personal data through details which you (or your employer) submit via the Company’s website(s), the application or account card provided by the Company, which you provide in person, over the telephone, by fax or email as you use our services.
The Company may obtain details about you from the Internet, trade directories, your marketing materials, third party recommendations, or from third party marketing companies and databases obtained from such third parties. It may also obtain information from car manufacturer or hire organisations, energy providers, network and mapping organisations, third party vetting, anti-bribery & corruption due diligence, credit reference or similar organisations.
The Company may process your personal data for the following reasons:
- To decide whether to enter a contract with you and on what basis;
- To set payment terms and administer them, including dealing with collection of payment from you or from your employer on your behalf (where applicable);
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and other good governance obligations;
- Advertising and marketing where you have agreed to receive such materials;
- Obtaining payment from you / your employer and taking and defending claims made in relation to those payments;
- To create anonymous and/or aggregated data for research and statistical analysis; and
- Maintenance of information on the business or technical environment in which the Company operates.
4. Who will see my personal information?
Your personal data will be used for the above purposes by relevant staff in the Company and by those who support them in their roles. It will also be made available to our authorised service providers which perform certain services on our behalf eg providing IT support and maintenance for a customer and supplier record database. These service providers may have access to personal data needed to perform their functions on our behalf but are not permitted to share or to use such information for any other purpose.
The Company may also disclose your personal data:
- in response to a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise its legal rights; to defend legal claims; or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and/or regulations;
- when the Company believes that disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, or other wrongdoing;
- to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of the Company, its customers, staff, suppliers or others; to comply with applicable law or co-operate with law enforcement; or to enforce its terms or other agreements;
- to prospective or actual buyers in the event that the Company sells, assigns or buys any of its business or assets; and to third parties who may analyse the personal data for marketing purposes.
5. Your right to review and amend personal data
As an individual, you have the right to review your personal data held by the Company and to have certain inaccurate information about you corrected. If you wish to do so, or to notify a change in your details, please use the details in the ‘contact us’ section below.
If you make a request to review a copy of your personal data in accordance with your rights under the applicable law, the Company is permitted to charge you a nominal sum in order to cover some of its administration costs in responding to any such request by you. The Company is also permitted to require proof of identity from any person making such a request.
You should help the Company to ensure that your personal data is accurate by supplying accurate and up to date details bringing inaccurate personal data to the Company’s attention as soon as reasonably possible. The Company will correct inaccurate personal data as soon as reasonably possible.
If you have a question about the use of your personal data, or wish to file a complaint about it, please use the ‘contact us’ details below.
The Company takes precautions including administrative, technical and physical measures to protect your personal data against loss, theft and misuse, as well as against unauthorised access and disclosure.
7. Direct Marketing and your Preferences
From time to time, Chargemaster / POLAR (and our associated companies) may contact you about our latest news, products, services, promotions, special offers and other information which may be of interest to you. If you would rather we didn't, then let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will always have the opportunity to unsubscribe from our emails at any time. In such cases the Company would not necessarily remove all your personal data from its database(s) but it would note your changed direct marketing preferences.
8. Data Retention
Subject to specific local legal requirements, the Company will normally retain your personal data during the course of transactions and for a period of 7 years afterwards in order to be able to discharge obligations in relation to tax and accounting information, to deal with queries and for risk management purposes.
The Company does not retain your location data whilst using its application or account card, other than recording the location of charging points used by you for billing purposes.
9. Changes to this Data Privacy Notice
The Company may make changes to this Data Privacy Notice from time to time. Where this would involve a material change to its terms, or where the Company proposes completely new uses of your personal data, the Company will contact you in advance to warn you about such changes.
10. Contact Us
If you have any concerns about the use of your personal data by the Company, wish to request the Company to change its use of your personal data or to withdraw any consent to marketing, please contact the Company in writing, at: The Finance Director, Chargemaster Plc, Mulberry House, Capability Green, Luton, LU1 3LU.